Are you queer inclusive?
Yes, as a fellow queer person I understand how to work with you in a sensitive and empowering way without invalidating or ignoring your identity. I do not tolerate any kind of discrimination, and always do my best to ensure I know the beliefs and ethics of people before I work with them. I am a huge advocate for people exploring their identity, and every service provided by me or my company is a safe space for you to be able to do that, with full support and no judgement.
What do you do to ensure accessibility for disabled people?
I believe people who have accessibility requirements should not be discriminated against with extra fees that able bodied students wouldn’t face to gain access to the services I offer. I am also conscious of the fact that I am a self employed sole trader. Wherever I am able, I absorb the costs of accessibility requirements for people accessing my services as part of my standard fees. If I am unable to do this, I will attempt to find and apply for help in the form of grant funding or equipment loan from an organisation or charity. If I am unable to do this, I will discuss options with you, and if I am not able to provide for your accessibility requirements, I will try to recommend someone else who provides similar services to me who may be able to.
As someone with ADHD and chronic pain, I understand that accessibility looks different for different people. These are things I currently do, however if you have specific access needs, please do discuss them with me.
In my one-to-one services
- Before our first session I will always ask you what access requirements you have. For work online I primarily use Zoom as the platform we call on, however can use others if they are better for you.
- For work in person I primarily work from my home studio, or for my business mentoring services, we can arrange to meet at a public location or I can come to you, within a 10 mile radius of Portsmouth. At my home studio, I have some limitations for physical access. These are:
- Parking can be difficult at certain times of the day.
- There is no available drop curb to get onto the pavement outside my house.
- There is a step up to get into the forecourt of my house.
- There is a step up to get into my house.
- Maneuverability to get into my studio is very limited. Most wheelchairs are unable to maneuver the corner to get into my studio due to the narrow layout of the house.
- I have a downstairs toilet, however the access to it is very tight.
- Outside of our sessions, I am happy to communicate in whatever way is best for you. We can use any format that works for you – email, WhatsApp, text, FB messenger, IG messenger. I’m more than happy to communicate through typed messages. voice memos or videos.
- Because I don’t use templates for my teaching and coaching, I will work with you to find the best format for any information you need and documents we create.
- I am always learning more, and regularly read articles and posts about accessibility, and when I learn something new, I do my best to implement that as soon as I can.
For workshops and other external services
- I am available for bookings for workshops, performances and talks. When I have been booked by an external person, I am unable to guarantee accessibility of venues, however it is something I ask when booked for something that is being promoted for ticket sales with my name on.
- Any workshops, performances or other events I organise, I always check accessibility of venues to try and provide as much access as I can.
Online (across all my businesses)
- I include descriptions on all images on my websites and social media
- I include transcripts/captions on all videos I have created on my website and social media
- If I am sharing media that might be triggering, I will include a content or a trigger warning
How are you actively anti-racist?
In both my personal and professional life I am constantly actively learning about systemic racism, and the true history of the world through reading books, articles, and posts from Black people on social media. I am aware that I hold privileges as a white person. I make a conscious effort to question/call out people who make racist comments both online and offline when I feel able. I am still learning to dismantle the unconscious bias in myself, as well as learning how I can contribute to dismantling systemic racism. I make sure I am aware of the beliefs and ideals of people I work with, and the places I buy from.
Is there anyone you don’t work with?
I pride myself on being as inclusive as I can and have a passion for helping people achieve their dreams. I also pride myself on doing my best to ensure everyone I work with has ideals that align with my own. I will not work with people who are: homophobic, transphobic, bi/panphobic, racist, ableist, any other kind of “-phobic” or “-ist”, and any or all forms of body shaming.
Do you offer ongoing coaching as well?
Absolutely. Because everything I do is tailored to you, if ongoing coaching is something you want, and we both feel is going to be beneficial for you, we will work together to create an ongoing coaching plan just for you.
What are your prices?
I have some set packages with prices listed on my website, however I have a sliding scale on all my prices, and am able to offer payment plans. My ultimate goal is to help as many people realise their dream as possible. If you feel I can help you, but are worried about the prices, please still reach out to me. Open that conversation, and I’ll see if there is a way I can help you.
Is your coaching just for creatives?
No. It’s true that I have worked with writers, teachers, performers, artists, and helped launch the careers of many other creatives. But I do not limit my services to creative businesses. My skills and approach are flexible and I can happily adapt to whatever field your business is in. I believe finding a business coach is similar to finding a singing teacher or a therapist. You need to click with them – and they with you, in order for you to get the best from them. If you feel I am someone you will click with from what you have read about me, but your business idea is not in the creatives industries – please still get in touch to see if I might be the right fit for your startup.