Specialising in WWII and musical theatre, experienced care home entertainer, “Miss Becki Short” (based in Portsmouth, Hampshire) has over 200 songs in her repertoire to enthral your residents with. From day dress to evening attire, and even war time uniform for vintage sets, Becki is a versatile performer who loves to customise her performances for your residents.
Becki performs with a vintage replica microphone, and as well as dressing in the style of the time (complete with the “seam up the back of the leg” stockings), Becki brings items to decorate the space in your home she performs in, to truly immerse your residents (and staff) in the era.
Becki is a totally self contained act, with her own PA system, and performs with backing tracks. For your peace of mind, Becki has a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB), Public Liability Insurance, a First Aid at Work certificate and all her equipment is PAT tested.
Care Home Entertainment Prices
Becki understands that care homes have a limited budget for activities and entertainment, and so is pleased to be able to offer competitive prices for her performances. Book Becki before 3pm on a weekday for as little as £50* for a one hour performance (45 minutes singing, and 15 minutes of recorded music). Please contact Becki to discuss options.
Example set - war time mix (click to view)
- White Cliffs of Dover – Vera Lynn
- Sally – Gracie Fields
- An Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square – Vera Lynn
- I Got Rhythm – Lena Horne
- Mr Sandman – The Chordettes
- Is You Is or Is You Ain’t My Baby – Dinah Washington
- Don’t Sit Under The Apple Tree – The Andrew Sisters
- Old Fashioned Girl – Eartha Kitt
- Putting on the Ritz – Ella Fitzgerald
- Chattanooga Choo Choo – The Andrew Sisters
- Zing Went the Strings of My Heart – Judy Garland
- When You’re Smiling – Judy Garland
- Lili Marlene – Vera Lynn
- Que Sera Sera – Doris Day
- There’ll Always Be an England – Vera Lynn
- We’ll Meet Again – Vera Lynn
Example set - musicals of the time (click to view)
- They Can’t Take That Away From Me – Crazy For You
- Tomorrow – Annie
- There Are Worse Things I Could Do – Grease
- As Long As He Needs Me – Oliver!
- Cheer Up Charlie – Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory
- Wouldn’t It Be Loverly – My Fair Lady
- The Lambeth Walk – Me and My Girl
- It’s a Fine Life – Oliver!
- Get Me to the Church on Time – My Fair Lady
- My Old Man – Music Hall
- Flash Bang Wallop! – Half a Sixpence
- Oom-Pah-Pah – Oliver!
- Anything Goes – Anything Goes
- All That Jazz – Chicago
Artist Celebration Shows
Because of the wide range of artists Becki performs, she has put together a number of “shows” which celebrate specific artists. These include Vera Lynn, Doris Day and The Andrew Sisters. More details about these shows coming soon, or please contact Becki to discuss.
“Mini Come Dancing”
Becki is proud to offer a fantastic addition to her performances. If you’re looking for that something extra extra special, why not book the fabulous George and Lacey to come along and dance to some of Becki’s songs.
Both professionally trained at Scarlett Rose School of Dance, these two aren’t even in their teens yet! Their beautiful ballroom dances are always a hit with residents, and often get the residents up and dancing with them too!
George and Lacey are generally only available to book during school holidays and at weekends.
*Book Becki for at least 3 months in a row for a price of £50 per one hour performance.